Library Card Services
Obtain Access with a Library Card
Access thousands of print and online resources with a library card! Persons of 16 years and older can sign up by providing one of the following acceptable identification:
- Valid Iowa Driver’s License
- Valid Iowa State Identification Card
- Valid Voter’s Registration Card
- Pre-printed lease agreement
- First-class mail in an envelope, postmarked within the last 30 days in addition to a photo ID
- Vehicle registration card
- Applications for residents under the age of 16 will need parental/guardian signature
Who can apply for a library card?
- We offer full library access and services to those who reside in DeWitt, unincorporated Clinton County, in addition to a number of contracting cities: Charlotte, Delmar, Goose Lake, Low Moor, and Welton
- Open Access cards offer access to physical items located in the library (not access to digital resources). Those eligible for Open Access cards include, but are not limited to, those who reside in City of Clinton, Calamus, Lost Nation, Wheatland, Jones County, and Scott County.
- Out-of-State Cards: the library offers out of state cards for an annual fee of $50. See staff for more details.