Ask a Librarian
Our library is in the information business, and we'd love to help you find the answers you need. Whether it's for homework, for work, or to settle a bet, the library has trained staff ready to help you.
Questions can be submitted using any of the following:
- The online form found here
- By phone at (563) 659-5523
- In person at the front desk during any of our normal business hours
We are happy to help with all manner of subject matter and requests, but please note that the following limitations do apply:
- If your question is multi-part or is likely to require extensive research, we would appreciate advance notice and/or sufficient time to allow us to find an answer for you.
- We cannot directly answer homework questions, although we can point you to resources that will help.
- There are many instances in which we can provide guidance but will not actually be able to undertake a process for you; for example, we can help you understand how to compose an email, post something online, or fill out government/legal forms, but we cannot actually write your email, post your item, or fill out a form for you.
If you are unsure whether we can help, try us! You may be surprised at what we can find for you!